HOLIDAY MOOD | orange + cinnamon + nutmeg + pine
Anyone else ready to get into the holiday mood? This candle will fill your home with the nostalgic smell of the season with notes of orange, cinnamon, nutmeg + pine. This lovely blend is exactly like a Christmas potpourri!
• 13oz 100% soy wax (~70 hour burn time)
• made with 100% essential oils
• matte glass vessel - colour: stonewash grey
• hand-poured in small batches in winnipeg
• crackling wooden wick
• plantable basil seed paper dust cover
• eco-friendly, non-toxic, vegan + cruelty-free
• reusable vessel and recyclable + biodegradable packaging
ONE TREE PLANTEDFOR EVERY PURCHASE
- Wooden wicks require a little extra care and patience than the traditional cotton wick.
- When lighting your candle, avoid having a direct flame on the vessel (BBQ lighter or long match recommended).
- On the first burn, it is very important to allow the wax pool to reach the edges of the vessel (4 hours) before extinguishing it and ideally each burn afterwards. This helps prevent candle tunneling.
- Before each relight, always trim the wick to 1/8". If not properly trimmed, the wick may not light.
- If you notice the flame height getting too low after burning it for some time, you may need to trim the wick and relight it again.
BURN CANDLE | PLANT SEED COVER | GROW BASIL
- Prepare your vessel: fill your vessel 2/3 full with good potting soil. Tamp down the soil and add more if necessary. You want the vessel to be firmly full, but not packed.
- Plant the paper: place your plantable paper in the vessel and spread a 1/8 inch layer of soil over the plantable paper and tamp down gently on top.
- Water during germination: after planting the paper in your vessel, give it a good soak. You want the paper and the soil to be nicely damp but not swimming in water. During the first 10 days, keep the paper moist at all times. The water is necessary for germination.
- Care after germination: once sprouts appear, continue to keep the paper moist but be careful not to overwater. Once sturdy basil appears, water as needed.
- Note: The seed paper can also be planted outside if desired. Click here for others ways of reusing your vessel.